The Academia account is a hybrid account (current and savings) for young people between 13 and 25 years old and available in US dollars...
How do I get an Academia account?
To be an Academia account holder, you must meet the following conditions:
1. Eligibility requirements: between the ages of 13 and 25; Note that once the account holder reaches the age of 25, the account must be transformed into a Fidelity or Current account.
2. Conditions for opening an account: you need :
- Complete the account opening form + FATCA ;
- Complete the acknowledgement of receipt of the GOR ;
- Be in possession of valid identification (passport, voter's card, driver's license);
- Take two passport photos.
- Also bring two passport photos for the representative (if the youth is a minor).
Does the Academia youth account have any advantages? What are they?
A VISA card is attached to this account to facilitate withdrawals. In addition, it offers several advantages such as :
- No account holding fees;
- The annual interest rate is 4% up to USD 2,500 and 2% between USD 2,501 and USD 25,000;
- No account closing fees.
What banking transactions are accepted by the Academia Youth Account?
It accepts the following banking transactions:
- Over-the-counter payment ;
- Withdrawal at the counter;
- Withdrawal with card ;
- Payment with card ;