In 2013, RAWBANK launched the first bancassurance product in the DRC: TRAVELIA, an insurance linked to its international bank cards. Visa, MasterCard and MasterCard Traveler’s, qui était assuré par MAPFRE.
And in 2020, it is now provided by the RAWSUR.
This product is divided into two covers: Travel Insurance and Fraudulent Use.
TRAVELIA can be used as soon as the card is applied for by issuing the cardholder with a travel insurance certificate, then protects the cardholder against: on the one hand, the hazards of travel such as illness, loss of luggage, delayed departure, etc. and, on the other hand, against fraudulent use of the card in the event of loss or theft of the card.
This does not imply any change in its characteristics and subsequent conditions.
Other insurance products are under consideration.
What are the features of Travelia insurance?
We present the types of Rawbank cards eligible for Travelia insurance, including :
What is the nature of the insurance coverage?
Two distinguished natures for Travelia insurance:
- Fraudulent Use Insurance and SKIMMING of the card: it guarantees the holder of the card(s) in case of theft and cloning, the reimbursement of the pecuniary losses suffered by the latter.
- Travel assistance entitles you to:
- A Issuance of travel insurance certificates for visa applications
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred by the cardholder during the beneficiary's trip outside his usual country of residence for a maximum of 92 consecutive days in the event of :
+ Lost or stolen luggage;
+ Hospitalization, health care ;
+ Luggage delay, …
The duration of the insurance is 12 months, an annual multi-trip coverage period with 92 consecutive days per trip.
Qu’en dire de la zone de couverture de l’assurance ?
All countries in the world, except the country of residence of the insured.
In the event of a claim, the beneficiary must in any case contact the Alarm Centre as quickly as possible, which is contactable and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Alarm central (in French) :+33 4 37 37 28 98 ; +33 4 37 37 28 99 ;
- Alarm central (in English) : +44 845 217 13 78 ; +44 845 217 13 79.