The story begins in 1922 ...
For four generations, the Rawji family has been investing in the DRC.
Pioneers but also visionaries, members of the Rawji family have ignored the unrest that has sprinkled the economic, social and political history of the country. When others left, they reinforced their presence, aware that a country such as the Congo, with a central position in Africa and rich in an impressive human and economic potential, is called to play sooner or later, a role at the heart of the global economy.
With more than 85 years of presence, investments and uninterrupted developments throughout the Congo, the group Rawji has a deep knowledge of the social fabric and the wheels of the economy of the country.
... 80 years later RAWBANK is born.
This in-depth knowledge of the market and the multiple needs of economic operators prompted the Rawji family to invest in the banking sector, with its pioneering, entrepreneurial and leader spirit.
This is how the RAWBANK was born in 2002, after a reflection in 1989 but whose outcome was delayed by the shocks suffered by the country in the nineties.
OBJECTIVE: make available to clients - companies and individuals - in the DRC the most up-to-date techniques and the most recent products in the various banking and finance professions, and this in the well understood sense of the slogan: "RAWBANK is my bank ". RAWBANK is my bank« .
Pioneers but also visionaries, members of the Rawji family have disregarded the turmoil that has dotted the economic, social and political history of the country.
Creation of Rawbank, the first bank to offer SWIFT services in the country.
Mise à disposition des cartes de crédit internationales Mastercard.
First agreements with the IFC (World Bank), since followed by agreements with Proparco, AFD, AfDB, EIB, Shelter Afrique and the WHF.
Lancement du programme Lady’s First à destination des femmes entrepreneures et ouverture d’un bureau de représentation à Bruxelles, puis à Pekin en 2015. Ouverture d'un bureau de représentation à Bruxelles.
An offer dedicated to SMEs with 2 products (supplier credit and distributor credit) now called Facturis.
Rawbank is the leader in the Congolese banking market.
In a market that has become very competitive with nearly 20 banks, RAWBANK has been the leader in the Congolese banking market since the end of 2012, with average market shares of around 18% to 19%. It receives the Moody's Investors Service rating, as a first in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Rawbank passes the $1 billion balance sheet total milestone. The bank has 80 bank branches covering every province of the country.
Fifteen years of Rawbank and the reaching of $1 billion in deposits. This year is also characterized by the launch of the digital product Illico Cash.
Inauguration of the new bank headquarter : the Atrium, in Kinshasa; AfDB financing.
Cadastre des trophées gagnés
- 2009 : Bank of the Year DRC avec The Banker
- 2010 : Bank of the Year DRC avec The Banker
- 2011 : Bank of the Year DRC avec The Banker
- 2015 : Safest Banks 2015 avec Global Finance
- 2016 : Bank of the 2016 avec The Banker
- 2016 : Safest Bank 2016 avec Global Finance
- 2017 : Best Bank in DRC 2017 avec Global Finance
- 2018 : The Safest Bank in DRC 2018 avec Global Finance
- 2018 : Best Bank in DRC 2018 avec Global Finance
- 2019 : Best Bank in DRC 2019 avec Global Finance
- 2019 : Classement 2019 des banques d’Afrique Centrale : RAWBANK classée 4ème avec Jeune Afrique
- 2020 : Rawbank dans le top 5 d’entreprises appréciées en Afrique Centrale avec Conseil français des investisseurs en Afrique (CIAN)
“TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TOGETHER”
"Great Vision for Congo" Best reflects what we have proven since our creation and what we want to perpetuate: our leadership in the banking market of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Each of these words, taken together, expresses both what we like to be (leaders) and what we like to do (to undertake). They summarize both an action program and a criterion for judging the individual and collective action of the Rawbankers.
Our vision is based on the fact that we really and clearly hear:
- To produce an innovative and high-quality service;
- To attract and retain skilled staff;
- To attract and retain high-quality partners.
Through this vision we wish to promote:
- The mutual sharing of responsibility to achieve sustainable objectives;
- Effective collaboration and communication;
- The involvement of all concerned in our corporate approach;
- Interdependence and team spirit, two key factors of our success;
- Motivation, and more particularly self motivation .
This vision also applies to how we practice management and leadership.
It expresses the RAWBANK culture – entrepreneurship.
- The workforce's commitment reflects their FAITH in the bank's dans l’avenir de la banque.
• L’IMPLICATION reflects team spirit.
• COMMITMENT combined with involvement has a tremendous impact on COMMUNICATION.
• COMMUNICATION is vital to achieve growing RESULTS
RAWBANK’s values can be summed up in FOUR key points:
- Respect in relationships and communication ;
- Excellence as a benchmark of skills ;
- Courage in commitment ;
- Perseverance in efforts..
To "Great Vision for the DRC", we must implement these values. They are an expression of our ability to maintain our leadership in the banking sector and our ability to change to meet new challenges for the benefit of a growing number of quality clients.
The most successful people in RAWBANK share such important individual values as family, work, justice, life, success, discovery and trust.
Our Rawbankers missions must be the expression of our vision and values. They strengthen our identity, reflect our challenges and are milestones on the path to success.
- Achieve sustainable objectives
Ensure that the sustainable strategic objectives that have been set are achieved.
- Ensure the development and productivity of human capital
Ensure high quality recruitment, training, assignment and engagement of talent.
- Monitor and evaluate the strategy
Ensure that the appropriate people effectively communicate the strategy and give sincere feedback on the results to the people involved.
- Achieving operational efficiency
Control costs, save money and define a pricing policy based on an efficient cost accounting system.
- Ensure a high level of accountability
Implement and achieve key performance indicators in each department and division.